Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive screen fix

I dropped my iPad Pro and now the screen is sometimes unresponsive to touch. Can I get this fixed?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 4:19 AM

We, just users like you, can't diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

You can try a forced restart of your iPad:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad models with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

But if the problem still persists, you'd better to contact Apple Support directly (they can run remote diagnostics). Most likely, the drop caused some internal failure to you screen (or screen connections).

Use this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 4:19 AM in response to Mooncracker

We, just users like you, can't diagnose that kind of issue remotely, sorry.

You can try a forced restart of your iPad:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad models with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

But if the problem still persists, you'd better to contact Apple Support directly (they can run remote diagnostics). Most likely, the drop caused some internal failure to you screen (or screen connections).

Use this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

Unresponsive screen fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.