Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Project FPS Reverted

I'm currently editing a video in iMovie that's at 60fps. The playback preview was at 60fps, I checked the export settings and they said it was 60fps, everything was working just fine, but the next day I checked the export settings again and the 60fps option was gone, and the playback has been converted to around 30fps. I've tried to figure out what's going on, but I can't seem to find any solution on the internet specific to my situation. I've even tried pasting a 60fps clip at the beginning of the timeline, but it's automatically converted to 30fps. I've also tried creating whole new projects, but that doesn't seem to work either. I honestly don't know if this is a glitch or a bug, or if I might've made a mistake somewhere along the line. I feel kind of dumb, like there's something really simple that I'm overlooking, but does anyone know what's going on, and perhaps has a solution? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 8:41 AM

iMovie will reduce 4k 60fps iMovie to 4k 30 fps. However, 1080 60 fps will retain the 60 fps frame rate. Could 4k 60 fps possibly be your issue? If not, try deleting preferences and see if that cures it.

To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you get the 60 fps option.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 8:41 AM in response to richman4066

iMovie will reduce 4k 60fps iMovie to 4k 30 fps. However, 1080 60 fps will retain the 60 fps frame rate. Could 4k 60 fps possibly be your issue? If not, try deleting preferences and see if that cures it.

To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you get the 60 fps option.

-- Rich

iMovie Project FPS Reverted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.