Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sticker left dark stain on space grey mbp

Hey, so I just peeled a sticker off my space grey mbp 15 inch 2018, and it left a dark stain in the shape of the sticker. The sticker has been sticked for around a year or so. I've searched the community before, but I don't think there's a similar problem with mine. Any idea on how to fix it? Or can Apple service center fix it? Thanks

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 11:06 AM

Please refer to this Discussion: Residue Stickers

In that case the problem was not adhesive residue, but some change in the optical characteristics of the anodized aluminum. I don't know exactly how that occurs.

Or can Apple service center fix it?

Not for anything less than an exorbitant cost, which would involve replacing the entire upper case with keyboard assembly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 11:06 AM in response to lmbening

Please refer to this Discussion: Residue Stickers

In that case the problem was not adhesive residue, but some change in the optical characteristics of the anodized aluminum. I don't know exactly how that occurs.

Or can Apple service center fix it?

Not for anything less than an exorbitant cost, which would involve replacing the entire upper case with keyboard assembly.

Sticker left dark stain on space grey mbp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.