Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to access my old Apple ID

I am unable to access my old Apple ID because I no longer have access to the phone number it was associated with.. I am also not able to update and apps on my phone it keeps asking for the Apple ID and password

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 11:09 AM

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on the old account, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

If you are able to sign in, change the number associated with your Apple ID to a current number.

Apple ID - Manage    

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2020 11:09 AM in response to kahlanie

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled on the old account, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

If you are able to sign in, change the number associated with your Apple ID to a current number.

Apple ID - Manage    

Jul 26, 2020 11:05 AM in response to kahlanie

If you downloaded apps to your phone using one Apple ID, and you have changed your Apple ID. You must delete the apps and reinstall them with the new Apple ID to be able to update them.

There is a process to recover your old Apple ID but it isn't guaranteed to work

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password – Apple Support

I am unable to access my old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.