Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't log into my iTunes account

iTunes keeps asking for a verification code but no window pops up to enter code.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 3:39 PM

Hello dejon1985,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble with two factor verification. I'd be more than happy to help.

It sounds like you may be trying to enter your verification code on an older OS. Have a look at the excerpt from the article below for some helpful information.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

"What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

This may be the reason you're not seeing a pop up box to enter your verification code.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 3:39 PM in response to dejon1985

Hello dejon1985,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble with two factor verification. I'd be more than happy to help.

It sounds like you may be trying to enter your verification code on an older OS. Have a look at the excerpt from the article below for some helpful information.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

"What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field."

This may be the reason you're not seeing a pop up box to enter your verification code.

Hope this helps! Cheers.

i can't log into my iTunes account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.