Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync issues between Apple Watch and iPhone XR

Has anyone been experiencing sync issues between Apple Watch and iPhone XR in the past days and been able to fix it and how?

Activities on Apple Watch (steps, workouts, environmental sound level) no longer sync with the Activity and Health apps on the iPhone.

Already spent 2hours+ with 3 Apple Support agents, reset sync data on phone, unpaired/paired Watch, reset Watch from backup and reset as new watch. Nothing has worked so far. Calls received on phone sync with Watch so maybe an app (health/activity) issue?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 2:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 2:45 AM

The latest OSes were installed. The only way it worked to resolve after hours of resetting settings was to fully erase all content and settings of the iPhone and set it as new (all apps need to be redownloaded and set..). The sync with Activity and the watch returned to normal, Health history was saved on iCloud

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 2:45 AM in response to anonyme4321

The latest OSes were installed. The only way it worked to resolve after hours of resetting settings was to fully erase all content and settings of the iPhone and set it as new (all apps need to be redownloaded and set..). The sync with Activity and the watch returned to normal, Health history was saved on iCloud

Aug 28, 2020 12:07 AM in response to mya2020

I've been having the same issue for the past 48 hours (well since Wednesday night).

Notifications and audio is synced to my watch but activity is not synced back from it.

Both iPhone X and Apple Watch are already clean installs of latest OS just 1 week ago.

Not prepared to unpair/erase as have 10km runs I'd like to record to phone/Strava etc.

It also shouldn't be necessary to do so when both devices are setup so new/generically.

Aug 28, 2020 1:06 AM in response to mya2020

I am afraid the issue started again on Tuesday morning 😤 Calls, texts, music sync between watch and iPhone XR, Activity again doesn’t. This is very frustrating, had just spent hours fixing the issue and reinstalling everything for the fix to last only one week to come back over night. Will investigate again over the weekend

Sync issues between Apple Watch and iPhone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.