Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch syncing issue

Hi, I’ve transferred everything over from my iPhone 6 to 11 and my watch has paired but syncing has been going on and off for 36 hours now. My watch has alerted me that it is complete yet my phone still shows that this isn’t complete. No notifications are coming through my watch and none of my activity since I transferred phones has been recorded in my health app. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? Thank you ☺️

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:47 AM

Hi Gemmamal,

Thanks for posting on Apple Support Communities. We understand that you recently set up a new iPhone and your Apple Watch won't finish syncing with it. You mentioned that the Apple Watch will show that it's completed the process while the iPhone states otherwise. Have you tried restarting both the iPhone and the Apple Watch?

After you restart your iPhone make sure that it is up to date as well. Although it is a brand new phone sometimes software updates are released after the iPhone was packaged. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the issue persists, see if you can unpair the watch and try to pair it again. Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Try setting the Apple Watch up as new instead of restoring from a back up this time to see if that works.

We hope this was helpful.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 6:47 AM in response to Gemmamal

Hi Gemmamal,

Thanks for posting on Apple Support Communities. We understand that you recently set up a new iPhone and your Apple Watch won't finish syncing with it. You mentioned that the Apple Watch will show that it's completed the process while the iPhone states otherwise. Have you tried restarting both the iPhone and the Apple Watch?

After you restart your iPhone make sure that it is up to date as well. Although it is a brand new phone sometimes software updates are released after the iPhone was packaged. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the issue persists, see if you can unpair the watch and try to pair it again. Unpair and erase your Apple Watch. Try setting the Apple Watch up as new instead of restoring from a back up this time to see if that works.

We hope this was helpful.

Cheers!

Apple Watch syncing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.