Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPAD not showing on Networks and in Finder

I have problems with syncing between iMac and iPad: e.g. I can not sync my Contacts on iMac to iPad.

I noticed that in settings >Networks that my iPad USB is not listed and also that in Finder sidebar, under "Devices" the iPad is not listed either.

How to correct this?

Thanks for (step-by-Step) help

Harry

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 9:00 AM

12 replies

Jul 28, 2020 11:30 AM in response to Muizen

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you connect your device to your computer with a USB cable and your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod, get help.

If your computer doesn't recognize your connected device, you might see an unknown error or a "0xE" error. If you do, follow these steps and try to connect your device again after each step:

1. Make sure that your iOS or iPadOS device is unlocked and on the Home screen.
  2. Check that you have the latest software on your Mac or Windows PC. If you're using iTunes, make sure you have the latest version.
  3. Make sure that your device is turned on.
  4. If you see a Trust this Computer alert, unlock your device and tap Trust.
  5. Unplug all USB accessories from your computer except for your device. Try each USB port to see if one works. Then try a different Apple USB cable.*
  6. Restart your computer. 
  7. Restart your device:
  1. Try connecting your device to another computer. If you have the same issue on another computer, contact Apple Support.

If you use a Mac

1. Connect your iOS or iPadOS device and make sure that it's unlocked and on the Home screen.
  2. On your Mac, hold down the Option key, click the Apple menu, and choose System Information or System Report.
  3. From the list on the left, select USB. 
  4. If you see your iPhone, iPad, or iPod under USB Device Tree, get the latest macOS or install the latest updates. If you don't see your device or still need help, contact Apple Support.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

Jul 27, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Muizen

Harry,

On the Mac, Sys Prefs>Network, highlight the interface it's using>Advanced>TVP/IP... what is the IP?

How to find the IP address on an iPad

1. Open your Settings app.

2. Tap on "Wi-Fi."

3. Tap on the network your iPad is connected to (one with a check next to it). This will pull up the information for the network and your iPad.

4. The IP address will be listed in the second box, under IPV4 address.

Jul 28, 2020 5:59 AM in response to BDAqua

On the Mac>SystPref (Wi-Fi connected) (after clicking on "Advanced") I see TCP/IP - set to "using DHCP" - ) and I see that the IP address is 192.168.0.147.

On the iPad >Wi-Fi>IP Address >DHCP - the IP address is 192.168.0.148

What to do next?

On the iPad I would not know in what way to correct the present IP address (192.168.0.148)?

On the iMac I can use "Configure iPv43 by enteringusing "DHCP with manual address" or just

"using "Manually" ?

Harry

iPAD not showing on Networks and in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.