Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple iCloud photos folders in quick access

I tried the REGEDIT solution that helped a few users but it did work for me. I now have in excess of 60 "iCloud Photos" folders in file explorer. Has anyone come up with another possible solution?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 8:00 AM

Hello Jardinier67,

We understand from your question that ISSUE. We can certainly help you with this!

The best course of action for this issue would be to reach out to Apple Support.

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 8:00 AM in response to Jardinier67

Hello Jardinier67,

We understand from your question that ISSUE. We can certainly help you with this!

The best course of action for this issue would be to reach out to Apple Support.

We hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers.

Jul 30, 2020 8:42 AM in response to i_rina

The multiple iCloud Photos folders problem is occurring on a new Windows 10 PC running iCloud. And, this is not an isolated problem because a Google search shows that many others have had it as well. Since this is an iCloud software issue, will Apple Support be willing and able to fix this problem even on a PC? We do have two iPhones and three iPads so we are an Apple family.

Aug 1, 2020 1:56 PM in response to hegguardo

Hegguardo,

Thank you for your response. No, my issue has not been resolved and I have not contacted Apple Support because I think it's unlikely they will help me resolve an issue on a Windows 10 PC, even if caused by the iCloud software. I did reply to i_rina asking about that but have not heard back. In the meantime, I have uninstalled/reinstalled iCloud twice and nothing changed.

All I know is that the problem I'm experiencing has been encountered by many others and the one suggested solution I found online did not work. I used REGEDIT to search for the files indicated in the solution but they were not present on my computer. I'm also uncomfortable changing register files on my own, I'm just not tech savvy enough to know what I can change without damaging my computer.

Multiple iCloud photos folders in quick access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.