Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom opening session image

Hello gals and guys !

Been recently back on Mac, OS feels still great since Maverick although have a few complaints about customization. Not that important but a bit frustrating...

First, I find it quite odd that there is no way to easily change the lock screen image.

I can see where there is room for it to be a backdoor nevertheless this is a simple feature that should be adressed imo.

Then, there is what I believe is a bug. When you change your "profile picture" (and by this I mean the small session vignette on the lock screen) to a custom one, once you turn on you computer it only shows the default dark grey silhouette over light grey background. There is no problem with it when you close your session though.

I believe it can be related to the same hypothesis that I suggested for the first issue. Although I tried putting my image inside the default ones folder and it still did not work.

Well, that is not that important but if someone has a fix I would be happy to take it (maybe I am really that bad haha).

Otherwise I think it would be a nice simple feature to work on.

Thanks mates !

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:29 PM

My account picture is shown on the FileVault/Login window.

Maybe try changing your account picture, then change it back.

I've never cared about the login window picture as I'm never on it. There is probably a file you can replace with the picture you want, but you'll have to replace it from Single-User mode or booting from a different drive as that is likely stored in the Read Only volume.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 1:29 PM in response to Hamilcar_Barca

My account picture is shown on the FileVault/Login window.

Maybe try changing your account picture, then change it back.

I've never cared about the login window picture as I'm never on it. There is probably a file you can replace with the picture you want, but you'll have to replace it from Single-User mode or booting from a different drive as that is likely stored in the Read Only volume.

Custom opening session image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.