Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile picture at center of lock screen

How can I remove (not change) my profile picture from the center of the screen that appears when computer boots up and the lock screen that appears when the computer has been idle for the set period of time? I don't care one way or the other if the picture shows up elsewhere—I just would like it not to appear at the center of the picture I've put on those screens.

I'm able to edit the profile picture, but I don't see an option in System Preferences for removing it entirely. Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2021 6:30 PM

Sounds like you have FileVault enabled since you describe the two different login screens. You cannot set the FileVault screen to not show the user account login image. It will not follow the settings for the login window as jeffreythefrog indicated.

The FileVault screen should not show for very long as it will shutdown if nobody decrypts the drive.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2021 6:30 PM in response to GrammaLo

Sounds like you have FileVault enabled since you describe the two different login screens. You cannot set the FileVault screen to not show the user account login image. It will not follow the settings for the login window as jeffreythefrog indicated.

The FileVault screen should not show for very long as it will shutdown if nobody decrypts the drive.

Nov 6, 2021 4:45 PM in response to GrammaLo

if you're OK with being "assaulted" with the garish purple and pink monterey wallpaper on the login screen, you can go into SystemPreferences > Users&Groups > Login Options and set "Display login window as:" to "Name and Password", then no account picture will be displayed on the login screen.

just make sure to verify your account NAME as well as your password (for each account) before signing out as you will need BOTH to login afterwards..

Profile picture at center of lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.