Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen icon removal

Is it possible to remove the icon displayed above your name on the Mac Lock screen? I went into System Preferences -> Users & Groups and couldn't find any way. I can edit the photo from the main System Preferences window, and this allows me to change it to a Memoji, Emoji, Monogram, Camera, Photos or Suggestion but no way to disable it completely.

The only way I could fix it was the take a photo of my background then overlay and crop it using Photoshop to create an icon identical to the piece that was covered up. This works great, so long as you're skilled with using Photoshop layers, the Marquee selection tool and cropping. However the brightness on the lock screen is lower than the brightness of the real image, and matching it up is VERY difficult. I tried adjusting the brightness in Photoshop, and adjusting the "Levels" to remove white from the image, but I can't get it perfect.

Is there an easier way? Like a switch to disable this?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 10:56 PM

I don't think so. Maybe a terminal command.

This is part and parcel of the Apple experience; not being selectable is the way some aspects are.

1 reply

Lock screen icon removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.