Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Update to current software therefore I cannot download Pages

I have an older MAC and currently have Sierra as operating system. My MAC was cleared out and I do not have my apps, most importantly Pages. I cannot download Pages as I need the updated software but I cannot download it and gives me this:

This version of macOS 10.15.6 cannot be installed on this computer.

I looked on Apple Support downloads to download the prior versions of Pages but I am unable to as it says it cannot be installed on this disk and an eligble Pages application was not found in this location.

Please help. I am certain I am not alone with this issue.

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 2:45 PM

If you ever installed Pages in the past with the current Apple ID, it will appear in your Mac App Store Purchases tab (press option + Purchases). If the Pages button indicates Install/Update, it will attempt to install the Pages from the Mac App Store, which will inform you that it cannot, but may give you a consolation prize of installing the last version of Pages compatible with Sierra. Maybe.

Apple does not keep user downloadable versions of past, full Pages installers, and there is no means to defeat the current Pages v10.1 requirement for an installed Mojave or Catalina operating system.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 2:45 PM in response to blazianbeauty482

If you ever installed Pages in the past with the current Apple ID, it will appear in your Mac App Store Purchases tab (press option + Purchases). If the Pages button indicates Install/Update, it will attempt to install the Pages from the Mac App Store, which will inform you that it cannot, but may give you a consolation prize of installing the last version of Pages compatible with Sierra. Maybe.

Apple does not keep user downloadable versions of past, full Pages installers, and there is no means to defeat the current Pages v10.1 requirement for an installed Mojave or Catalina operating system.

Cannot Update to current software therefore I cannot download Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.