Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri launches unbidden

I've got a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running OS v. 10.15.6

When I type on my keyboard, frequently Siri will launch with me not touching the Siri key and with the keyboard shortcut not activated.

If I disable Siri in the settings, instead the message will pop asking if I want to enable Siri. Something is making the computer think I'm activating Siri, but I'm not and I'm completely befuddled.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 9:24 AM

Hello there tweedman,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you are having an issue with Siri activating without you prompting it. We are more than happy to help you out with this.

For this, we recommend resetting your NVRAM. For more information on what this involves as well as how-to steps, check out this article:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If you continue to have the issue, try testing it in a new user. You can do so by following the steps in the article below:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 9:24 AM in response to tweedman

Hello there tweedman,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you are having an issue with Siri activating without you prompting it. We are more than happy to help you out with this.

For this, we recommend resetting your NVRAM. For more information on what this involves as well as how-to steps, check out this article:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

If you continue to have the issue, try testing it in a new user. You can do so by following the steps in the article below:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

Siri launches unbidden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.