Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Board Data Issue

Hi,

I have MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch Mid 2017 model, it randomly switched off and would not switch on. I took it to nearest Apple Store (Since I live in Pakistan, there are only authorized resellers available here), they said there is no issue with battery or charger but with logic board. I was a bit skeptical because I did not drop it or spill water so it was a bit out of the blue so i asked them to run diagnostic again and they said its the same issue.

I was told that my faulty logic board will be sent to Apple Singapore and will be replaced with a new one within 2 weeks. I called them today and found out that all my data will also be removed when logic board is removed. Now my issue is not recovering the data, I have my backup, but can anyone else access my data since that logic board is getting exchanged and will be repaired?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:20 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jul 27, 2020 6:02 PM in response to hafsa07

If you had Filevault enabled, then your data is safe. If you did not have Filevault enabled, then your data can be accessed by anyone with access to the laptop or Logic Board. This is true for any non-encrypted data/devices.

There is nothing you can do now since Apple had you turn off FindMy when sending the laptop in for repair.

In the future enable Filevault if using macOS. Other operating systems have their own methods of encrypting data.

Logic Board Data Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.