Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 pro scratched screen

Hi!

I have a problem with my brand new iPhone 11 pro, it turns out that after 1 week of use the display glass (screen) has scratches in the middle. The thing is that searching in internet i found out that i'm not the only one with this problem and i discovered that is recurrent with iPhone 11 pro owners.

I would like to know how can I resolve this with my warranty policy.

I live in Santiago, Chile.

Greetings

Sebastián Pezoa F.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 5:42 PM

It is extremely rare for external scratches to just suddenly appear out of nowhere on glass (any glass). If you can feel the scratches with your fingernails then they are external scratches. If these scratches were on your screen when you opened the box when it is brand new then you should have returned the iPhone immediately and asked for a refund. If they were not present then something came in contact with your screen hard enough to scratch it or there would not be scratches present.

Again, the warranty does not cover user damage even if it was accidental.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 5:42 PM in response to spezoa

It is extremely rare for external scratches to just suddenly appear out of nowhere on glass (any glass). If you can feel the scratches with your fingernails then they are external scratches. If these scratches were on your screen when you opened the box when it is brand new then you should have returned the iPhone immediately and asked for a refund. If they were not present then something came in contact with your screen hard enough to scratch it or there would not be scratches present.

Again, the warranty does not cover user damage even if it was accidental.

Iphone 11 pro scratched screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.