Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am asked for password for an old Apple ID I no longer use. I repeatedly cannot sign in consistently with the I’d account listed in settings

My devices are constantly asking for a password for I’d account I don’t use. How do I remove permantly an old Apple ID. I have down loaded songs from old ID

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 7:22 PM

One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2020 7:22 PM in response to mpeterson52

One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

I am asked for password for an old Apple ID I no longer use. I repeatedly cannot sign in consistently with the I’d account listed in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.