Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X only partially exporting video

I'm working on a 30 minute video on FCP X on a Macbook Pro (15in, 2018, Catalina 10.15.5) and am having big time trouble exporting. I am trying to export a 1080p version, but every time I try, the .mov video freezes at the exact same spot (7:04). The audio keeps going, though! Weird!

I've tried:

1. Exporting directly from FCP X
  2. Sending to compressor and doing the same
  3. Deleting proxy and render files and trying again
  4. Restarting FCP X, Compressor AND the machine

But still no luck. It's super odd and I have NO idea where to even start with this. Please help! I am able to export a lower quality .m4v, but I would rather have that sweet sweet 1080p.

FCP X project specs as follows:

Video: 1080p, 1920x1080, 30p

Rendering: Apple ProRes 422

Audio: Stereo 48khz

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:17 AM

Do have enough free space on the drive you're exporting to? If so, I'd inspect the video clip at or near that 7:04 spot. Delete it and reimport. You could also try optimizing that clip (right click on it in the browser and choose Transcode then select Create optimized media). It's possible that might work the kinks out if there's something strange about the clip. Optimized media can be quite large so depending on how long the clip is, make sure you've got enough free space on your drive.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 9:17 AM in response to zgzg77

Do have enough free space on the drive you're exporting to? If so, I'd inspect the video clip at or near that 7:04 spot. Delete it and reimport. You could also try optimizing that clip (right click on it in the browser and choose Transcode then select Create optimized media). It's possible that might work the kinks out if there's something strange about the clip. Optimized media can be quite large so depending on how long the clip is, make sure you've got enough free space on your drive.

FCP X only partially exporting video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.