Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is new pages update incompatible to my Mac

why is new pages update incompatible to my MacBook Air 13"?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 2:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:24 AM

According to the equipment profile listed below your post, your computer is a Macbook Air and your operating system is macOS 10.12 (Sierra): MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

The current version of Pages (and of Numbers) requires either macOS Catalina (10.15) or macOS High Sierra (10.14).

Introduction date and model of your Mac are also factors. You can find the introduction date using About this Mac in the Apple menu.

You can check the requirements for macOS Catalina here: macOS Catalina is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

You'll also find a link on that page regarding upgrading to macOS High Sierra if your Mac is not compatible with Catalina.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 9:24 AM in response to b02_09_40

According to the equipment profile listed below your post, your computer is a Macbook Air and your operating system is macOS 10.12 (Sierra): MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

The current version of Pages (and of Numbers) requires either macOS Catalina (10.15) or macOS High Sierra (10.14).

Introduction date and model of your Mac are also factors. You can find the introduction date using About this Mac in the Apple menu.

You can check the requirements for macOS Catalina here: macOS Catalina is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

You'll also find a link on that page regarding upgrading to macOS High Sierra if your Mac is not compatible with Catalina.

Regards,

Barry

why is new pages update incompatible to my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.