Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eSIM feature

Our telephonecompany will only support the eSIM for 3 iPhone models ("It is only available for iPhone Xs, Xs Max, or XR from Globe"). There words.

It's a bit unfair if I buy an SE (which I really love) from an Apple store and won't be able to use the eSIM feature of the phone. Will Apple tolerate this?

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 7:21 AM

what should they do? black list your carrier from support for all models ?

if you feel they should you can use their feedback channel to suggest it

https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

4 replies

Jul 28, 2020 5:19 PM in response to Rudegar

Those were their words from which I had a chat with their help desk yesterday. They are selling iPhone SE package plan, plus, Apple could expand their market sales thru this eSIM feature. It's new, practical and secured; at least in country. Carrying 2 phone is terrible (1 personal & 1 company). Thank you for your thoughts.

Jul 28, 2020 5:35 PM in response to JunReyes

So they won’t even give you a QR code to set it up? Since they already support the previous eSIM/nano-SIM iPhones, there really is no technical reason not to support the SE. It’s exactly the same technology.

Or is that they just don’t support “bring your own phone”? There have been (likely still are) USA MVNO’s that have played that game - they support the model only if you buy it from them and not if you buy it elsewhere and bring it with you. If that’s the case, I’d switch carriers.

eSIM feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.