Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro do not support eSIM at Hong Kong

Hi, I hv been using eSim at my iPhone XS for years, and I just been upgraded to iPhone 13 Pro. But totally surprising to me, that eSIM support was dropped for “pro” models here in Hong Kong.

I wasn’t aware that before purchase, I think Apple own us an explanation, especially iPhone 13 model still keep that features here.

May I know if eSIM support will be added back soon to the “Pro” models? Especially I have to visit my service provider’s customer service center to change eSIM back to physical SIM, and possibly with a charge!

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 8:52 AM

2 replies

Sep 27, 2021 9:02 AM in response to stedman1

It only happens to the “Pro” line. For iPhone 13 and mini in Hong Kong, they still support eSIM. So obviously it’s not any statutory issue prohibiting that feature in the “Pro” models here.

I have been using eSIM for years here at iPhone XS. I feel totally frustrate that after an upgrade, the eSIM is gone, and I have to go and paid to get the eSIM back to a physical one.

iPhone 13 Pro do not support eSIM at Hong Kong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.