You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Difference in I phone versions

I can find many versions of I phone example I phone 11 pro UAE version, international Version and USA version. Is there is any difference between these versions?

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 8:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 8:19 AM

There is no such thing as an "international" version of the iPhone.

iPhones vary slightly from region to region, with the primary difference being the LTE bands supported. iPhones sold in one region may not support LTE networks in another region.

The only other physical difference you will find will be that newer iPhones sold in China, Hong Kong, and Macau will accept 2 physical SIM cards while those sold elsewhere accept one physical SIM and have a built in e-SIM.

There are a number of very important restrictions placed on phones depending on where they are sold.

Phones sold in China do not support FaceTime audio calls.

Phones sold in Japan and South Korea can not silence the camera shutter sound.

Phones sold in much of the Middle East may not have access to FaceTime, or may only have access to FaceTime when used on a carrier in the Middle East in a country where it is not banned. They may not have FaceTime at all if used outside of the Middle East.

These restrictions are based on the laws in the regions where the devices are originally sold.

iPhone warranties are NOT international. They can only be serviced or replace (as a rule) in the country where they were originally sold.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2020 8:19 AM in response to Rifky26

There is no such thing as an "international" version of the iPhone.

iPhones vary slightly from region to region, with the primary difference being the LTE bands supported. iPhones sold in one region may not support LTE networks in another region.

The only other physical difference you will find will be that newer iPhones sold in China, Hong Kong, and Macau will accept 2 physical SIM cards while those sold elsewhere accept one physical SIM and have a built in e-SIM.

There are a number of very important restrictions placed on phones depending on where they are sold.

Phones sold in China do not support FaceTime audio calls.

Phones sold in Japan and South Korea can not silence the camera shutter sound.

Phones sold in much of the Middle East may not have access to FaceTime, or may only have access to FaceTime when used on a carrier in the Middle East in a country where it is not banned. They may not have FaceTime at all if used outside of the Middle East.

These restrictions are based on the laws in the regions where the devices are originally sold.

iPhone warranties are NOT international. They can only be serviced or replace (as a rule) in the country where they were originally sold.

Difference in I phone versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.