Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download music on my iPhone to my MacBook Air?

How do I download music on my iPhone to my new MacBook Air? There is some of it on Apple Music, but I have quite a bit on my phone that is not on the Apple Music app on my computer. The phone is connected via the USB-C and I clicked on Sync Settings. I selected "Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac", and it says that the last backup was today, but this songs are not there on the Computer. What am I doing wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 11:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 2:58 PM

kr1969 wrote:

How do I download music on my iPhone to my new MacBook Air? There is some of it on Apple Music, but I have quite a bit on my phone that is not on the Apple Music app on my computer. The phone is connected via the USB-C and I clicked on Sync Settings. I selected "Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac", and it says that the last backup was today, but this songs are not there on the Computer. What am I doing wrong?

First music is a one way sync itunes to Apple device.

Second music is not part of the itunes backup. Read here About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You will need to purchase a 3rd party app outlined here Syncing to a "New" Computer or re… - Apple Community to move music from your phone to mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 2:58 PM in response to kr1969

kr1969 wrote:

First music is a one way sync itunes to Apple device.

Second music is not part of the itunes backup. Read here About backups for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You will need to purchase a 3rd party app outlined here Syncing to a "New" Computer or re… - Apple Community to move music from your phone to mac.

Download music on my iPhone to my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.