Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading music from iPhone to Apple Mac

My music on my phone isn’t showing in my iTunes and when I plug my iPhone into the Mac it doesn’t give me the option to sync? How do I transfer music from my phone to my MacBook? Thanks in advance

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:19 PM

If you are using MacOS Catalina or Big Sur syncing doesn’t appear in the Music app any longer. After plugging the phone in, the iPhone will appear in the sidebar of the Finder window (be sure to open a finder window and that the phone is on!). Click on the iPhone location in the sidebar, then click on the trust button. Wait a bit while the computer scans your phone and then you can sync

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 4:19 PM in response to nicola299

If you are using MacOS Catalina or Big Sur syncing doesn’t appear in the Music app any longer. After plugging the phone in, the iPhone will appear in the sidebar of the Finder window (be sure to open a finder window and that the phone is on!). Click on the iPhone location in the sidebar, then click on the trust button. Wait a bit while the computer scans your phone and then you can sync

Downloading music from iPhone to Apple Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.