Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone got hung up over an old Apple account

While transferring data to a new iPhone, things got hung up over an old Apple account. What should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 11:41 AM

Hello kirke64,

Thanks for posting your issue on the Apple Support Communities.

Based on the information that you provided, you're transferring information from your old iPhone to your new iPhone and you're getting prompted to enter in the details of the old Apple Account.

You can skip this.

The only downside to skipping signing into the Apple ID is that the Applications that were downloaded with the Apple ID will not be transferred to the new iPhone. You must redownload them using your current Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 11:41 AM in response to kirke64

Hello kirke64,

Thanks for posting your issue on the Apple Support Communities.

Based on the information that you provided, you're transferring information from your old iPhone to your new iPhone and you're getting prompted to enter in the details of the old Apple Account.

You can skip this.

The only downside to skipping signing into the Apple ID is that the Applications that were downloaded with the Apple ID will not be transferred to the new iPhone. You must redownload them using your current Apple ID.

My phone got hung up over an old Apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.