Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Screenshots?

For some reason my screenshots stopped saving to my desktop and only go to my clipboard? I'm running Mac Sierra 10.13.6

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 12:44 PM

Open Keyboard viewer & see if the Control key is stuck on or hilghlights with the others when youtry it.

Taking a full screen screenshot

1. This one is pretty easy, simply press ⌘ + Shift + 3 on your keyboard and macOS will do its magic and place your screenshot on your Desktop.
  2. Alternatively, you can press ⌘ + Shift + ^ + 3 and the screenshot will save to your clipboard instead of your Desktop.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 12:44 PM in response to skent007

Open Keyboard viewer & see if the Control key is stuck on or hilghlights with the others when youtry it.

Taking a full screen screenshot

1. This one is pretty easy, simply press ⌘ + Shift + 3 on your keyboard and macOS will do its magic and place your screenshot on your Desktop.
  2. Alternatively, you can press ⌘ + Shift + ^ + 3 and the screenshot will save to your clipboard instead of your Desktop.

Lost Screenshots?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.