Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually save screenshot

Usually when I take a screenshot (command + Shift + 3) I would automatically save to my desktop. Right now, every time I screenshot it would show up right away and I would have to click the close button on the corner and then a box will pop up like the attached image below. This is frustrating especially when im trying to screenshot a class. How do I make this back to when I did not have to manually save it every time. I have a MacBook Air 2019, Retina 13-inch

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 10:35 PM

verulee Said:

"Manually save screenshot: Usually when I take a screenshot (command + Shift + 3) I would automatically save to my desktop. Right now, every time I screenshot it would show up right away and I would have to click the close button on the corner and then a box will pop up like the attached image below.[...]"

-------

Try the Following:

1. Press: [Hold Down: command + shift +5]
  2. Click: Options button
  3. Select: Desktop (first item down)

Image:

Note: I could not take a screenshot of a screenshot, so, I took a photo of it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 10:35 PM in response to verulee

verulee Said:

"Manually save screenshot: Usually when I take a screenshot (command + Shift + 3) I would automatically save to my desktop. Right now, every time I screenshot it would show up right away and I would have to click the close button on the corner and then a box will pop up like the attached image below.[...]"

-------

Try the Following:

1. Press: [Hold Down: command + shift +5]
  2. Click: Options button
  3. Select: Desktop (first item down)

Image:

Note: I could not take a screenshot of a screenshot, so, I took a photo of it.

Manually save screenshot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.