Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wallpaper reverting on macOS Ventura

I recently updated to macOS Ventura and I am trying to set a custom wallpaper from a JPEG photo. I have tried the following approaches:

• Through Finder: right-clicked on a photo and chose 'Set as Desktop Picture'
  • Through System Settings: selected a photo from my Downloads folder (auto-rotate is not turned on)
  • Through System settings: selected a photo from my iCloud photo library (auto-rotate is not turned on)

In each case, my Mac reverts to a default photo within a matter of minutes.

The source photo was not changed (i.e., it was not deleted or edited from my local files or from the iCloud photo library).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2022 9:25 AM

On my Macbook recently updated to Ventura, the "Wallpaper" defaults every time I restart the machine. this is quite frustrating.

7 replies

Oct 30, 2022 3:59 AM in response to glorious_bunny

glorious_bunny wrote:

• I recently updated to macOS Ventura and I am trying to set a custom wallpaper from a JPEG photo. I have tried the following approaches:

Through Finder: right-clicked on a photo and chose 'Set as Desktop Picture'
Through System Settings: selected a photo from my Downloads folder (auto-rotate is not• turned on)
Through System settings: selected a photo from my iCloud photo library (auto-rotate is not• turned on)

In each case, my Mac reverts to a default photo within a matter of minutes.

The source photo was not changed (i.e., it was not deleted or edited from my local files or from the iCloud photo library).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Is this is one particular photo or all photos you have tried...?

if no resolve—Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies.

Wallpaper reverting on macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.