Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Loops from Loop Library In Garageband?

What is the best way to go about this? Is it possible?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 9:29 AM

You have to delete the loops from the loops folder in the Finder.

On my Mac the loops are installed in the folder /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

To find out, where your loops are,

• Quit GarageBand, if it is running.
  • Go to the -menu in the upper left corner of the main menu bar. > About this Mac.
  • In the "About" panel click Storage, then "Manage".
  • In the "Manage" panel click "Music Creation" and select the GarageBand loops. Click Reveal in Finder.
  • Delete the loops you do not want to use (I would save them on an external volume, so you can restore them).
  • After deleting the loops you have to rebuild the Loop Index. Open the Loop Browser in GarageBand. The menu on top will show you a command to rebuild the Loop Index.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 9:29 AM in response to FCP_10

You have to delete the loops from the loops folder in the Finder.

On my Mac the loops are installed in the folder /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

To find out, where your loops are,

• Quit GarageBand, if it is running.
  • Go to the -menu in the upper left corner of the main menu bar. > About this Mac.
  • In the "About" panel click Storage, then "Manage".
  • In the "Manage" panel click "Music Creation" and select the GarageBand loops. Click Reveal in Finder.
  • Delete the loops you do not want to use (I would save them on an external volume, so you can restore them).
  • After deleting the loops you have to rebuild the Loop Index. Open the Loop Browser in GarageBand. The menu on top will show you a command to rebuild the Loop Index.

Delete Loops from Loop Library In Garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.