Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using GarageBand 10.4.6. Under the loop section I am only able to access some of the green loops and none of the blue loops. The display on the top right shows I have hundreds of loops, but few can be accessed.

I am using GarageBand 10.4.6. Under the loop section I am only able to access some of the green loops and none of the blue loops. The display on the top right shows I have hundreds of loops, but few can be accessed.

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 6:54 AM

Have you already downloaded all items of the Sound Library? Check the Menu item GarageBand > Sound Library and use the command "Download all available Sounds". Loops that need downloading will appear as grey and disabled.

You could also try to rebuild the Loop Index.

• In the Loop Browder click the pop up menu at the top of the Loop Browser, where you switch between the available loop packs. At the bottom of the menu is the item to reindex all loops.
  • After rebuilding the loop index some grayed to items may be showing a download arrow. Click this arrow to download the loops, that are not yet available and keep this option turned off.

Also, there is a checkmark in the GarageBand Preferences > Loop "Filter for more relevant content". This will disable loops, that are in a different key or tempo. I prefer to have all loops available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2022 6:54 AM in response to Monkaton

Have you already downloaded all items of the Sound Library? Check the Menu item GarageBand > Sound Library and use the command "Download all available Sounds". Loops that need downloading will appear as grey and disabled.

You could also try to rebuild the Loop Index.

• In the Loop Browder click the pop up menu at the top of the Loop Browser, where you switch between the available loop packs. At the bottom of the menu is the item to reindex all loops.
  • After rebuilding the loop index some grayed to items may be showing a download arrow. Click this arrow to download the loops, that are not yet available and keep this option turned off.

Also, there is a checkmark in the GarageBand Preferences > Loop "Filter for more relevant content". This will disable loops, that are in a different key or tempo. I prefer to have all loops available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.