Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband not opening my projects

Whenever I open a specific project on my garageband, this pops up. I do what it says, and nothing fixes. This is making me frustrated and I don't understand what it means and how I can even fix this. I've tried deleting and reinstalling Garageband multiple of times with no change. It still gives this pop up. Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 2:19 AM

You may want to check the installed Audio Units. One of them may need updating. Do you have any third-party device drivers or plug-ins installed?

Check these folders:

• In the main Library folder at the top level of your system volume: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
  • In the Library folder at the top level of your user home folder: ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

If you have third-party plug-ins installed, look at the sites of the manufacturers for updates. If there are no updates, remove suspicious plug-ins and restart the Mac. (GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins - Apple Support)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 2:19 AM in response to epicisforever123

You may want to check the installed Audio Units. One of them may need updating. Do you have any third-party device drivers or plug-ins installed?

Check these folders:

• In the main Library folder at the top level of your system volume: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/
  • In the Library folder at the top level of your user home folder: ~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

If you have third-party plug-ins installed, look at the sites of the manufacturers for updates. If there are no updates, remove suspicious plug-ins and restart the Mac. (GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins - Apple Support)

Garageband not opening my projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.