Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS X Mavericks

I am in need of the Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks application for my early 2009 Macbook. I am currently using Mac OS X 10.11 but i personally dont like the UI and much prefer the design of the older OS. Any help would be amazing as i have been looking for the installer for months. My main problem is that i dont live in the usa. This means the official app store links dont work. I am aware that 10.9 is an unsuported os but i would still love to use it.

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 4:05 AM

Although it is not widely available for download, it is available for download if you had previously downloaded it from Apple.

Open the App Store with the AppleID you used to download it previously, go to the Purchased section and see if it appears.

3 replies

Jul 30, 2020 12:16 AM in response to FTownley908

OS X 10.9 Mavericks is no longer available from the Mac App Store.

IF you have any Apple Store locations that maybe open in or near your local region, bring your Mac into the store and they will usually have all copies of all the different Mac OSes and the store maybe able to install Mac OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks onto your Mac for you.

Backup you Mac first before going this route.

I do not think Apple Store will make a any type of backup of your Mac prior to doing this.

Best of Luck to You!

Mac OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.