Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Unavailable on MacBook Pro

My partner recently purchased me an older MacBook Pro running OS 10.13.6. It doesn't have Pages, and can't download Pages from the App Store. How can I try to run an older version of Pages? The only solution I can think of is to purchase one from Ebay, if they even sell one.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 11:05 AM

If the former owner of that MacBook Pro did not follow these Apple requirements, you will have a MacBook Pro running High Sierra with the owners Apple ID, and a Mac App Store associated with the same AppleID.

If when you first powered on the MacBook Pro, it came up with prompts for language, keyboard, and new user setup steps, etc. then ignore the first paragraph.

If your MacBook Pro was a 2012 model, then it can upgrade to Mojave, and then you can download Pages from the Mac App Store. From menu : About This Mac, if the Mac product description line has 2012 or later in parenthesis, then you can upgrade.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave. Open that link only in Safari.

I would strongly recommend that you avoid any version of Pages from download aggregation sites, or Ebay resellers, as you don't know if the product is security compromised with badware. It also happens to get sidewise with Apple licensing too.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 11:05 AM in response to ChristopherKyle

If the former owner of that MacBook Pro did not follow these Apple requirements, you will have a MacBook Pro running High Sierra with the owners Apple ID, and a Mac App Store associated with the same AppleID.

If when you first powered on the MacBook Pro, it came up with prompts for language, keyboard, and new user setup steps, etc. then ignore the first paragraph.

If your MacBook Pro was a 2012 model, then it can upgrade to Mojave, and then you can download Pages from the Mac App Store. From menu : About This Mac, if the Mac product description line has 2012 or later in parenthesis, then you can upgrade.

How to upgrade to macOS Mojave. Open that link only in Safari.

I would strongly recommend that you avoid any version of Pages from download aggregation sites, or Ebay resellers, as you don't know if the product is security compromised with badware. It also happens to get sidewise with Apple licensing too.

Pages Unavailable on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.