Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older Version of Pages

I replaced the hard drive on my iMac 2010 and it humms like a charm once again. Now, the App Store won't "allow" me to download pages. That worked fine for my small business. No issues.

Does Apple actually respect the environment or is it just sales hogwash... to say it nicely.

There is NO reason to force people to buy a new computer because Apple denies access to basic

work processing apps such as this. I said I wouldn't go back to a PC... but I might.

Could someone from Apple answer this question honestly? Seriously.

I'd like the link to the older version, please and thank you.

Cheers,

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 3, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 9:41 AM

Teashop wrote:

Apple is not here. This is a user forum.

If you have downloaded Pages under your current Apple ID, open the App Store, check the Purchased tab, download it from there.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Teashop

Teashop wrote:

Apple is not here. This is a user forum.

If you have downloaded Pages under your current Apple ID, open the App Store, check the Purchased tab, download it from there.

May 3, 2022 10:06 AM in response to Teashop

You can provide feedback directly to the Pages product team from the Pages application menu. However…

There is a long history of the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote product teams introducing product versions that require a minimum version of macOS for installation. This is primarily due to using features unique to the new operating system, or just to the slow Pages evolution, rather than any other subterfuge. The technique offered by dialabrain is the only means to get a version of Pages for an older operating system, provided there is already a Pages installation recorded for your Apple ID.

There is also a dedicated Pages for Mac Support Community available to you.

May 3, 2022 11:10 AM in response to Teashop

Teashop wrote:

If we were running our computers with only a new hard drive, think about how much landfill space that would save.
I think these super smart people can figure out how to make a hard drive work for new applications. However, most if
not all of the companies would rather sell you a new computer.

You seem to be missing the point. All a hard drive can do is supply storage. It is no replacement for new CPUs, GPUs, faster RAM, etc., etc.

Because starting price is $2500 for a new iMac - the basic version.

Don't think so…

May 3, 2022 9:55 AM in response to dialabrain

Thank you. I know it's a user forum but it's quite discouraging to spend money and then hold us ransom for a "new" version.

That said, it worked. I think Apple and the rest of the companies should take note that saving the environment means fixing and repairing more than recycling. Just like a car needs brakes, I'd rather fix items right now. Inflation is too high.

Cheers!

May 3, 2022 9:59 AM in response to Teashop

Teashop wrote:

Thank you. I know it's a user forum but it's quite discouraging to spend money and then hold us ransom for a "new" version.

You're welcome.

FWIW, a 2010 Mac does not have the hardware to support the latest version of Pages.

The reality is, over time, hardware improves, software is written to take advantage of new hardware. Personally I wouldn't want to buy a computer in 2022 that can only run 2010 software. But that's me.

May 3, 2022 10:02 AM in response to dialabrain

Well, all of my programs still work fine. I do not find the newer versions have the bells and whistles worth paying for. The changes are so minor that's it's more of disruption than progress.

If it works for other people, that's cool. However, most businesses do not have an unlimited budget to keep making these purchases. And, besides it's better for the environment. I hope Apple cares about the environment before it's too late.

Cheers! :)

May 3, 2022 10:18 AM in response to Teashop

Teashop wrote:

Well, at least for now they aren't holding it for ransom.

I installed a brand new hard drive. So, there is not reason it shouldn't work with the upgraded operating system. If it did, then I'd have not issue.

There are all kinds of reasons just replacing a hard drive will not suffice. If that were the case, people would still be running Macintosh 512Ks from 1986.

Can I have a GoFund me for a new computer?

You can try starting your own.

May 3, 2022 11:00 AM in response to dialabrain

Actually, the airport in France can still land planes from the first Windows application.

If we were running our computers with only a new hard drive, think about how much landfill space that would save.

I think these super smart people can figure out how to make a hard drive work for new applications. However, most if

not all of the companies would rather sell you a new computer.

If I start a GoFundMe, would you make a contribution? Because starting price is $2500 for a new iMac - the basic version.

It was economically and environmental for me to pay $180 for the hard drive and fan switch.

Cheers!

Older Version of Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.