UPGRADES AND COMPATIBILITY for Mac 10.13.6 and HIGH SIERRA

Hi there. I have a Macbook Pro 10.13.6 (Mid 2012) running MacOS HIGH SIERRA.

Ages ago I deleted Pages I guess, cos I never used them and now I want to use them

but App Store says that the new version is not compatible with my version of computer.

Also Garage Band updates seem not to work with my Mac version or Photos....

What do I do? Is there any more recent OS later than HIGH SIERRA that I can download on my computer so that the apps can run? Or where can I download previous versions of Pages compatible for my computer?

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 8:27 AM

Or where can I download previous versions of Pages compatible for my computer?

This is worth a try: Instead of trying to get the too-new version of Pages from the main App Store window, find "Purchases" at the top of the App Store window and click it. You should see stuff you have previously had on the computer.

That shows your purchases. If Pages shows, try re=downloading it that way. That may—just may— allow the store to serve up an older version. I've had it work on other apps but it seems to be on an app-by-app basis.

No guarantees but cant hurt anything to try.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2023 8:27 AM in response to lkarpod

Or where can I download previous versions of Pages compatible for my computer?

This is worth a try: Instead of trying to get the too-new version of Pages from the main App Store window, find "Purchases" at the top of the App Store window and click it. You should see stuff you have previously had on the computer.

That shows your purchases. If Pages shows, try re=downloading it that way. That may—just may— allow the store to serve up an older version. I've had it work on other apps but it seems to be on an app-by-app basis.

No guarantees but cant hurt anything to try.

UPGRADES AND COMPATIBILITY for Mac 10.13.6 and HIGH SIERRA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.