Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing, can not access iPad library from Apple TV

I have an iPad mini 4 and 4th gen Apple TV. Home sharing is on, both are on the same network, Apple ID logged in on both. I can airplay from the iPad but can not access iPad library from Apple TV. What do i need to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 4:20 AM

iTunes, and Music in macOS Catalina, can share their libraries for access by Apple TV, iOS devices and other computers. iOS devices can use AirPlay but they cannot actively share their own libraries so they can be accessed remotely.

tt2

5 replies

Aug 1, 2020 4:11 PM in response to ivisonfrommemphis

I've no idea why Apple choose which specific features they decide to implement on which devices, but it makes more sense to allow an always on computer to share its library with other devices on the network than it does to add that feature to a battery powered device that is primarily focused on foreground interaction and is designed to use minimum power when not being actively used.

tt2

Home Sharing, can not access iPad library from Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.