Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing content on an old iPad

I have an old iPad that I’m wanting to give away, but need to erase my content. When I try to do that, it asks me to turn off Find my iPad. When I try to turn off find my iPad, it asks for my Apple ID. I’ve been using the same ID for years and I know I’m not entering it wrong. This is the error message I get. Is there an issue because the iPad is so old? Is there another way to erase the iPad or get around this error? Thank you in advance.

iPad

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 12:47 PM

Looks like an issue with the internet connection or in fact with the Apple ID server.

Does not look like there is anything wrong with the Apple ID server: Apple - Support - System Status

Try on a different Wi-Fi connection if possible.

Or through iTunes on a computer.

The age of the iPad should not be an issue when erasing it normally.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Scmr143

Looks like an issue with the internet connection or in fact with the Apple ID server.

Does not look like there is anything wrong with the Apple ID server: Apple - Support - System Status

Try on a different Wi-Fi connection if possible.

Or through iTunes on a computer.

The age of the iPad should not be an issue when erasing it normally.

Erasing content on an old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.