Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 is asking for earlier iCloud ID

I have an old device I phone 5 with apple id

i have opted for Find my phone on the same device,

I have another device which is Iphone 6 with a different id.

I erased my iphone 5 fully to use iphone 6 id in that phone.

Now when i try to set this iphone 5, it is asking for earlier icloud id with which this phone is attached, i am entering the same id with a valid password ( i can login to itunes and i cloud with those credentials and removed this Iphone 5 device using my Laptop).

Getting a pop saying, this can not be used to unlock this phone.

Please suggest, when i have removed iphone 5 device from Icloud and i tunes then why i am unable to start this phone with the same id.

Please connect with me for more information.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 8:00 AM

If you are the owner of the iPhone or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner of the iPhone and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2020 8:00 AM in response to dishant4421

If you are the owner of the iPhone or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner of the iPhone and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their apple ID.

iPhone 5 is asking for earlier iCloud ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.