Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues recording videos with Instagram on my new Iphone 11

Since I have my Iphone 11 (it's been 2 or 3 weeks), I've been experiencing some issues while recording stories. When I record a video and I flip the camera, the image gets distorted. If I start filming with the front camera and then flip to the back, the front camera gets distorted and if I start with the back camera and flip to the front, the back camera distorts the image.

This only happens when I use Instagram, since I've tried fipping the camera while recording with other apps (Snapchat, Whatsapp...) and it works well.

Just wanted to know if anyone has the same issue and knows how to fix it.

Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 3:44 PM

mar2802 wrote:

Since I have my Iphone 11 (it's been 2 or 3 weeks), I've been experiencing some issues while recording stories. When I record a video and I flip the camera, the image gets distorted. If I start filming with the front camera and then flip to the back, the front camera gets distorted and if I start with the back camera and flip to the front, the back camera distorts the image.
This only happens when I use Instagram, since I've tried fipping the camera while recording with other apps (Snapchat, Whatsapp...) and it works well.
Thanks!

Contact Instagram or look at their support site, if it works for your built in camera app, then it isn't an Apple or iphone issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 3:44 PM in response to mar2802

mar2802 wrote:

Thanks!

Contact Instagram or look at their support site, if it works for your built in camera app, then it isn't an Apple or iphone issue.

Aug 25, 2020 6:07 PM in response to mar2802

Hi, i’ve been experiencing related issues like you with my new iPhone 11. Whatsapp, Instagram nor Twitter allow me to send recorded videos with my Iphone 11 camera. It’s very frustrating given that this is the new iPhone and it surely feels like a waste of money if it won’t work properly or be compatible with popular apps.

i feel you and i sure hope apple or facebook do something about it asap.

Issues recording videos with Instagram on my new Iphone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.