Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice recordings on text - is there a way to fast forward?

I see this question posed but not a solution. Is there a way to fast forward a voice recording on the IOS messaging feature? My phone will time out mid way through listening to one, and then have no option but to listen to the message from the beginning. There should be a fast forward feature but there’s not. Has anyone found a workaround?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:40 PM

Jen45 wrote:

I see this question posed but not a solution. Is there a way to fast forward a voice recording on the IOS messaging feature? My phone will time out mid way through listening to one, and then have no option but to listen to the message from the beginning. There should be a fast forward feature but there’s not. Has anyone found a workaround?

This worked for me.

Long press on the recording file in Messages, click COPY. Go to an iCloud folder in the Files app. PASTE it there. When you open it in the Files app, a different "player" shows up and you can scrub through the recording.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 7:40 PM in response to Jen45

Jen45 wrote:

This worked for me.

Long press on the recording file in Messages, click COPY. Go to an iCloud folder in the Files app. PASTE it there. When you open it in the Files app, a different "player" shows up and you can scrub through the recording.

Voice recordings on text - is there a way to fast forward?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.