Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Books - Highlights and Notes

The issue I'm having is, when I'm studying, I highlight text and make notes. I do this on my iMac with Apple Books app. My iPad and iPhone, don't sync these highlights and notes in the mobile Apple Books app. Which is frustrating! Good to have the highlights and notes sync-d, helps the grey matter not to get confused when you go walk about!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 2:45 AM

Feeling rather DUMB today!!

After posting this....I went through my settings again on both my iPad and iPhone.

I noticed in Settings>Books scrolled to the SYNCING section and everything was switched off.

Switched the options on in the SYNCING section.

A few hours later the notes\highlights had synced up nicely and made me in to an embarrassed poster!!

Sorry about that....think my impatience got the better of me.

I usually use kindle books. Too used to everything syncing automatically or just using the sync button.

This time I decided to use Apple Books to see if the quality of the typing-printing-publication errors would improve.

So far Apple Books has been great and the prices are very similar to Kindle as well......Just not used to the Apple Book app....and I'm still not used to Apple operating systems either...all good now! And thanks for replying and the time for that too.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 2:45 AM in response to QuickPost

Feeling rather DUMB today!!

After posting this....I went through my settings again on both my iPad and iPhone.

I noticed in Settings>Books scrolled to the SYNCING section and everything was switched off.

Switched the options on in the SYNCING section.

A few hours later the notes\highlights had synced up nicely and made me in to an embarrassed poster!!

Sorry about that....think my impatience got the better of me.

I usually use kindle books. Too used to everything syncing automatically or just using the sync button.

This time I decided to use Apple Books to see if the quality of the typing-printing-publication errors would improve.

So far Apple Books has been great and the prices are very similar to Kindle as well......Just not used to the Apple Book app....and I'm still not used to Apple operating systems either...all good now! And thanks for replying and the time for that too.

Apple Books - Highlights and Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.