Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

books highlight limit

hardware - ipad mini 6

os - ipados 15.6.1

app - books

Hello,

I am unable to set more than 8 highlights that will appear in the notes summary page fire the book.

I can and have set many more highlights within the book, but having the highlights on the summary page makes the highlights easier to navigate.

Is this a built in limit the way no more than 5 sub folders may be defined in the Notes app or is there a way around this.

thanks

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 10:31 AM

Just returned to the book i was reading. Went back to the highlights summary page. The 3 missing highlights were there. I randomly added a few more. The highlights i added were also there. The first time i checked highlights, i made sure to try to scroll past the bottom of the page to check if the missing highlights were "on the next page". They weren't. This time when I tried to scroll down again, the highlights were there. No idea why trying to scroll down showed nothing when I first tried to scroll down.

Anyhow, problem gone, but not solved. Hope this may be of use to anyone else who encounters this problem.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 10:31 AM in response to virgil_samms

Just returned to the book i was reading. Went back to the highlights summary page. The 3 missing highlights were there. I randomly added a few more. The highlights i added were also there. The first time i checked highlights, i made sure to try to scroll past the bottom of the page to check if the missing highlights were "on the next page". They weren't. This time when I tried to scroll down again, the highlights were there. No idea why trying to scroll down showed nothing when I first tried to scroll down.

Anyhow, problem gone, but not solved. Hope this may be of use to anyone else who encounters this problem.

books highlight limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.