Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Full, ICloud Full

My phone has recently been completely full on my iPhone 8 64GB with no storage left. I bought 50GB of ICloud storage (on top of the 5GB free that is already unused), yet I can’t store anything on there to free up some space for some reason. iCloud Photos is stuck at 1% and won’t download anymore. Can someone please explain?

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:39 PM

Purchasing extra iCloud storage won't help with your storage being full on your device as that's a separate issue. In order to take care of the storage on your device, see this - About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support.

"Free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 3:39 PM in response to Rosco3166

Purchasing extra iCloud storage won't help with your storage being full on your device as that's a separate issue. In order to take care of the storage on your device, see this - About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support.

"Free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using."

Storage Full, ICloud Full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.