Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to download Mojave, get "Cannot Connect to App Store"

I like to keep a copy of each macOS installer, in case I want to do a clean install without using Recovery. Somehow, my copy of Mojave disappeared and I went to this Apple page to download the .dmg.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190

I've used similar pages in Apple to download other macOS versions, however, when I click on the link in #4 to "Get macOS Mojave", I get "Cannot Connect to App Store".

Does anyone know another way to download clean install files for previous macOS's

Thanks

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 9:36 AM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2020 9:59 AM in response to Rich B22

Rich B22 wrote:

I like to keep a copy of each macOS installer, in case I want to do a clean install without using Recovery. Somehow, my copy of Mojave disappeared and I went to this Apple page to download the .dmg.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210190

I've used similar pages in Apple to download other macOS versions, however, when I click on the link in #4 to "Get macOS Mojave", I get "Cannot Connect to App Store".

Does anyone know another way to download clean install files for previous macOS's

Thanks

Apple for one thing will not allow the install of an older operating system on top of an existing newer operating system.

As a result the installer download may fail if you are on a newer operating system.

As long as your Mac is capable of running the older operating system, you can use internet restore to bring up the oldest Mac OS installer run it on an external hard drive or a second partition that can manage it. Internet restore is available on mid-2011 and later Macs. If you have an older Mac, let us know. Internet restore is command-option-shift-R on startup.

When trying to download Mojave, get "Cannot Connect to App Store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.