Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full

What is Google LLC and can I delete it to increase my storage without having problems with google maps or gmail ... It doesn’t take up too much space but I’m trying to delete as much as I can.

I keep getting storage full messages and when I delete apps,, emails, photos, videos, close out open safari tabs ... the “other” section still increases.

what else can I do to increase storage, I deleted Facebook app which was a storage hog and no matter what else I delete the usage of “other” keeps creeping up

iPhone 7

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:24 PM

It appears that most of your data is stuck in the other category.  I only know of one way to clean up the storage and minimize the "other" category and here is how- (This involves erasing your iPhone and restoring it to factory settings and then restoring from a back up file).

1. Back up your iPhone to a computer as shown here ➔ Back up your iPhone to your computer.
  2. Erase your iPhone and restore to factory settings by opening Settings General Reset Erase all content and Settings
  3. Restore your iPhone from that back up file on your computer (Step 1) as shown here ➔  Restore your iPhone from a computer back up.

I know that this may turn into a time consuming event and other members of this forum may have other ideas however this is the method that has worked for me.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 3:24 PM in response to sandybeachdays

It appears that most of your data is stuck in the other category.  I only know of one way to clean up the storage and minimize the "other" category and here is how- (This involves erasing your iPhone and restoring it to factory settings and then restoring from a back up file).

1. Back up your iPhone to a computer as shown here ➔ Back up your iPhone to your computer.
  2. Erase your iPhone and restore to factory settings by opening Settings General Reset Erase all content and Settings
  3. Restore your iPhone from that back up file on your computer (Step 1) as shown here ➔  Restore your iPhone from a computer back up.

I know that this may turn into a time consuming event and other members of this forum may have other ideas however this is the method that has worked for me.

Axel F.

Storage full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.