Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hi!!! I was recently given an IPhone 6, well the person I got it from doesn't remember their apple ID so i cannot get into the phone. can you guys help?

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 3:22 PM

bekah0 wrote:

Hi!!! I was recently given an IPhone 6, well the person I got it from doesn't remember their apple ID so i cannot get into the phone. can you guys help?

No, only the person who gave you the phone can help, click here Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 30, 2020 4:32 PM in response to bekah0

bekah0 Said:

"Activation Lock: Hi!!! I was recently given an IPhone 6, well the person I got it from doesn't remember their apple ID so i cannot get into the phone. can you guys help?"

-------

Troubleshooting this:

Seems you were scammed(an assumption on my part). So, just where did you make this purchase?

• Web Site?: If purchased off of a Web site (i.e. eBay), then contact them and see if the seller can be held responsible, and if you can get your money back.

• Work?: If purchased from work or a school, ask the administrator if they have the code for this particular phone.

• In-Person?: If purchased in-person, then there may be nothing you can go about this. See if this can be investigate as step further, by contacting [whomever].

Take this as a Learning Experience - The next time you plan to move forward with a purchase, have the seller go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Be certain you can log into it before handing over the money. Once all is set, then make the transaction. It the seller choses not abide by those rules, then don't handover the money.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.