Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

800 Number Call SCAM

I just had someone call me from 800-561-****, recording stated my Apple ID was possibly being hacked. I spoke to a man and he walks me through adding TeamViewer app. Mind you my Apple ID has been disabled for months now. He tried to walk me through setting asking me questions about if i click on something...1st red flag. If you have me download this app that suppose to allow you to see what I'm doing then why are you asking. He proceeds to ask me to try to send myself an iTunes gift card for $200 and then when that did not work he said to try $100...2nd red flag.

also, whenever he thought we got disconnected he called me from a Miami phone number. Even if this wasn't not a scam this was VERY sketchy and I am still shocked this happen to me.

I ended up hanging up. I am so upset this even happen. I should of known better when I couldn't get a hold of Apple support but this random person was quick to answer.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:01 PM

Apple wouldn't call you telling you something was wrong with your Apple ID. You are the one that has to tell them what is wrong.

Similar questions

3 replies

800 Number Call SCAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.