Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to block Spam message?

I has been receiving the spam message from a website named [apple]

I use one IP7 and one IP11. Both are receiving this spam. How can I block it?

thank you very much!

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 12:18 AM

8 replies

Jul 31, 2020 8:07 PM in response to LocTran

So you can block that one message based on content. But what about the next spam message with a different URL in it? On a computer or in many ISP’s webmail you can define filters to redirect specific content, but you will be constantly updating the filters. It’s much less work just to mark the message as spam or delete it. For iCloud accounts (and many other mail providers) if you mark it as spam several times it will remember that. And most mail providers will file suspicious messages as spam at the server. About half of the messages I find in my spam folder are legitimate, however.

if you are referring to texts there are similar features, but they can’t be filtered at the server because texts are end-to-end encrypted and the server can’t see the content of the message. All they can filter on is the sender address.

Jul 31, 2020 8:39 PM in response to LocTran

Ponder this...

The brightest folks in the world are either far less skilled at anti-spam techniques than you...

...Or maybe there are details and considerations lurking here that you haven’t yet grasped..

Contending with spam is not a simple problem.

Spammers are smart and persistent, with the automation and tooling they’ve created.

Spamming is a multinational commercial business, and one with substantial investments in software.

And spammers have vastly more computing resources than most any of us, short of Google or Apple or such.

If you can come up with solutions better than Bayesian filtering, and the rest of what’s used, have at...

Reputation-based checks detecting embedded URLs is problematic, as spammers can and do rotate those domains.

Spam campaigns continue to adapt, and new campaigns and new messages and new filtering bypasses are tested, too.

How to block Spam message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.