You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone XR locks in pocket

my IPhone XR locks when in my pocket. I’ll be walking pull my phone out to make a call and there’s a message saying phone is disabled try again in 5 mins. This is the second time it’s done this. Screen is not cracked or been repaired in any way.

Anyone else with this problem any reason or fixes?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 9:01 AM

It could be ghost touches, screen somehow detects taps inside your pocket, which turn it on, then bad codes get entered multiple times, leading to a timeout. I've had this happen with some of my pants.

As a workaround, you can try turning off Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Tap to Wake.

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 17, 2020 2:49 AM in response to Mcxrjehu

I'm having the same issue for a few weeks now - I wonder if it is something to do with the software update that happened in July?

My phone will unlock in my pocket, skip songs, stop podcast episodes that I am listening to, also have had the locked screen like you mentioned about twice now.

At first I thought it was my phone hitting my leg but proved that theory wrong, then I thought it was my headphone jack that was the problem, but now I'm not so sure...

IPhone XR locks in pocket

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.