Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mac mini 2012 (Mac Mini6,1 - A1347)

Hi for everyone,

I saw in the technical specifications of my mac mini 2012 that he can support up to 2560X1600 display resolution and I wanted to know what cable exactly should I need to connect between the mac mini to the monitor? I just do not understand it at all.

Right now my mac mini connected to a SONY TV monitor and the maximum resolution is: 1080i or 1080p.

Thanks for the helpers,

Kfir

Mac mini, macOS 10.16

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 4:51 PM

A lot of TVs will only support 1080p resolution unless you have one of the newer 4k models. You will need to use or purchase a display that supports 2560x1600 resolutions. Just make sure you check the user guide for the display to see which video inputs the display supports and whether the display requires the use of two inputs. Many times you can download the user guides for a product from the manufacturer's website or sometimes from the website selling the product. You need to make sure that the video inputs supported by the display can also be used by your Mini either natively or with an appropriate adapter.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2020 4:51 PM in response to KfirDavda

A lot of TVs will only support 1080p resolution unless you have one of the newer 4k models. You will need to use or purchase a display that supports 2560x1600 resolutions. Just make sure you check the user guide for the display to see which video inputs the display supports and whether the display requires the use of two inputs. Many times you can download the user guides for a product from the manufacturer's website or sometimes from the website selling the product. You need to make sure that the video inputs supported by the display can also be used by your Mini either natively or with an appropriate adapter.

Apple Mac mini 2012 (Mac Mini6,1 - A1347)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.